NVQ Level 3
In Installation and Commissioning
THIS QUALIFICATION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CSA.
YOU CAN NOW ENROL DIRECTLY WITH SIGTA LTD AND YOU CAN CONTACT THEM ON:
TEL: 01273 416989.
CONTACT: MR. JOHN NORTON
This NVQ has been adapted with the help of the CSA to utilise and enhance much of the work undertaken in DLCs A, B & C and the projects undertaken during the normal course of the commissioning engineers’ day-to-day work. It therefore becomes a natural extension of the DLC courses. The recommended entry level for the NVQ 3 is CSA Grade 3 or 4.
The course consists of 5 modules:
- Complying with Statutory Regulations and Organisational Safety Requirements
- Using Engineering Drawings and Documents in Installation and Commissioning
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Handing Over and Confirming Completion of Installation and Commissioning
- Commissioning Heating and Ventilating Equipment and Systems
Each module has performance and knowledge criteria which are assessed by a qualified assessor. The candidates will be seen periodically by their assessor and with internet use candidate/assessor communication has become easier and therefore the monitoring and reviewing of the work on a regular basis.